Not "Wacky Wednesday" This Week...
...it's a Wonderful Wednesday! It's Molly's 5th birthday...and her first with her Forever Family!
We had her BIG party on Sunday (pictures in a minute), but first I wanted to bring out an old pic from her 4th birthday. We ordered a cake to be delivered to her and she got to share it with her friends in the orphanage in China.
This...
...was Miss Molly at her 4th birthday party. (We were, unfortunately, not invited to the party.) And THIS...

...is Miss Molly at her 5th birthday party! What a difference a year makes!!
(She wore her Halloween costume at the beginning since her party had a Princess theme. Don't you love it?!) I'll admit, I went a little crazy with the camera. Bear with me, we're building memories here. Molly was SO excited to see her Princess cake...



...but got very frustrated that her special Princess birthday hat wouldn't stay on her head! That's OK, Princess...

...'cause your Cinderella tiara will do the trick! In case you wanted to see the full outfit...

...she was more than happy to pose. (She had on sparkly silver shoes, as well, but you can't tell from that picture.) As adorable as Carson and Meggie are...

...it's hard to compete with a Princess when you are so clearly under-dressed! We kept Molly in her costume to greet the guests as they arrived. It was so sad...

...as she watched through the window while Carson and some of the early arrivers played out in the backyard. (Doesn't she look like a Princess locked up in the highest room in the tallest tower? LOL!)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture...

...of our adorably happy Princess on her throne. (What a shame it's blurry!!) I had to laugh at this little "mini party"...

...crowding around the Magna Doodle and completely ignoring the Birthday Girl when she started opening her gifts!!
As we all know...

...every Princess needs a magic wand...

...and a change of Princess clothes! No surprise here...

...that Meggie was the organizer of the kids during gift opening time. She is just AMAZING with kids...and, thankfully, freed me up from that duty so I could take more pictures! And cousin Sarah...

...was kind enough to do garbage detail and collect all the wrapping paper for me. Thanks, Sarah...you're the BEST!!
Here are a couple of group shots...


...to show you how closely the kids were crowding around Molly as she opened her gifts. She was getting a bit perturbed when they all wanted to help, yelling loudly, "NO! NO! STOP!!" It was so funny!! I think she thought they were going to steal her stuff!
Cake time...



...and she really enjoyed being the center of attention during the singing. It's hard to believe this was our shy and petrified Baby Girl just two short months ago! She went from scared and timid to total party animal! (In other words, she's fitting in just FINE with our loud and crazy family!)
I wanted a group shot of all of the kids who attended...

...but since the "big kids" wouldn't squeeze in tight...

...I zoomed in a bit to get a better shot of the younger ones. What a FUN crowd!! Molly doesn't even like cake...


...but was SUPER excited to get a big pink icing flower. (Not sure she even ate it, but she kept insisting she had to have a flower. Hysterical!) One last shot of our kids...

...with Grandma and Grandpa D. (who stayed to the VERY end of the party...also turning into party animals I guess!)
So there you have it. Our Baby Girl is five years old and she's right where she belongs...finally HOME!
Happy Birthday Molly!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Princess Molly!
ReplyDeleteHappy B day molly! (:
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Molly!Hugs from FL
ReplyDeleteTrish, Buck,Austin, and Izzy
Happy Birthday Molly!! We had fun at your party! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Glad to see you all celebrated in style- princess style that is;) Those are the fun days and I LOVE all of the pictures you took! I'm right there with you on the pictures- you can never have too many! After all, those are to remember the memories;) Planning a princess party at my house now too, right after the train party... it's gonna be a busy month!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to wish a very happy birthday to Molly! I know she is having the best birthday ever with her wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteTeresa-I love your new blog. I love the birthday pics-Molly looks beautiful in her Cinderella costume.
Hugs,
Ann
p.s.-I'll remind you that you aren't adopting again in a year or so-