Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shhhh...Don't Tell Meggie!

I know Meggie wants Molly to have long hair. Heck, I know that Molly wants Molly to have long hair. But I looked at my Baby Girl this morning...
...and she just looked shaggy to me! I'm sorry, Megster, but I have had enough! So, I let Molly have a "mental health" day from Preschool and together we snuck...
...to get her first haircut. Actually, I was a bit worried she might not cooperate. When I told her in the van where we were going, she kept repeating, "No cut-cut for me!" I tried to convince her it was fine, no boo-boos involved. Her response? "I'll cry!" (Not in a whiney tone of voice, but in an I'm-warning-you-lady tone of voice. Hysterical!) As we waited our turn...
...Molly kept going back to the huge gumball machine in the corner. I finally told her I'd let her buy a gumball AFTER her haircut. (I didn't say she could CHEW one, but that she could buy one. I know...pretty sneaky, Mommy!)

She willingly climbed into the blue airplane seat...
...and actually seemed happy to be in the "cut-cut chair"...
...at least until the stylist stepped in front of the Barbie Princess DVD. Come on, lady, that's not cool! The whole haircut took about six minutes...I was shocked when it was over so quickly.

So, what do you think? Don't you think this...
...is a huge improvement?! (I hope Meggie agrees.) And, yes, I let Molly buy a gumball after her "cut-cut"...and then I chewed it. She was NOT pleased. Hey, I was doing her a favor...those gumballs are a choking hazard!

3 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! I agree, her haircut looks too cute to be upset about ;o) Makes me anxious to get our little Luohe girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is darling. It will look much nicer long if you you keep it healthy and trimmed while growing it. Of course, I think short is really, really nice when they're little!! But long or short Molly will always be a doll.

    Carolyn (in Las Vegas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly's haircut is Adorable and just let Meggie know that it will grow so much healthier with the shaping and trimming. Also, my stylist always said that pulling it up helped stimulate the growth as well. I don't know if that's true but my daughter has got some long curly hair (just cut off 6 inches actually!) and I've been yanking it up since before she could walk!;)

    ReplyDelete