The Pumpkin Chronicles...I realized after I posted the Halloween pics that I never blogged about our evening of pumpkin carving! Shame on me!!
Well, to be exact, it wasn't OUR evening of pumpkin carving. I arrived home from my class at the University with a slamming migraine headache and stumbled directly to the dark and quiet of my bedroom. Daddy and Meggie handled the duties in my absence...and Meggie was kind enough to take pics for me so I could blog about it! (Thanks, Megster!)
Meggie (aka our creative genius) hand-drew the faces and Daddy handled the actual carving. Carson requested a scary face...

...but the girls gave their pumpkins a decidely "girlie" look.

The job of cleaning out the pumpkins...








...was shared by the Littles, but only enjoyed by Daddy. (He LOVES to freak them out with the slimey innards of the pumpkin!)
In this pic...

...Molly seems to be showing us that Daddy got pumpkin slime on her shirt. Meggie seems amused.



Molly seems to be fond of her sweet-faced pumpkin!

Gotta admit, looks like Carson is starting to enjoy the slime as much as Daddy. (I would bet you money he was thinking about how he could annoy the girls with it!)

I guess they figure there's safety in numbers! Stick together, girls!!

Carson seems to like the scary face Meggie designed for him! Here we have...

...the finished products...

...Diva Meggie Pumpkin (love the eyelash details and the hairbow!)...

...Scary Carson Pumpkin...

...and Mini Diva Molly Pumpkin. I just LOVE fall traditions!!
GREAT pumpkins!!! Ya know, we just never got around to carving pumpkins this year... kids don't seem overly traumatized by it, so I guess we're ok... :)
ReplyDeleteteresa!!!
ReplyDeletethank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for your side bar links and shout-outs to HKI and Julie p designs!!!!!! you get A LOT of traffic-- and i so appreciate you!!!
Awesome pictures & pumpkins!!! (i especially like the bows!) I started carving pumpkins but never finished due to toddler drama.... fortunately no one ever mentioned that;)
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures!!! Have to share too that our pumpkins were all girly. Alex just wanted to carve. He didn't care what they looked like!!!
ReplyDelete