Catchin' Up on the Holiday Happenings...Since December got away from me -- quite a busy month! -- I am very behind on blogging. So I thought I'd extend the Christmas season and post about our various holiday happenings.
Two weeks before Christmas, our Church put on a Christmas concert. We had many performances in the show, ranging from the Preschool Choir (of which Molly is a member and Meggie is the Director) all the way to the Adult Celebration Choir (of which Meggie and I are members). Meggie got a front-row seat for Molly's choir debut, but I was forced to sit in the back -- the Celebration Choir members had to be ready to head backstage for our entrance after the kids were finished. Unfortunately, since Meggie was directing the Preschool choir, that left Daddy in charge of capturing Molly's choir debut on film.
Uh-oh.
Daddy is talented in many areas. Photography, however, is NOT one of them. Don't believe me? Take a peek at the pictures he got of Molly during her performance...




It's not like the kids were running around or spinning while they sang. They were standing up on stage nicely, so why were those pictures so blurry?!?! Ugghhh!! Molly did pretty well considering it was her first performance in the big Church...except for when she pulled her dress up to adjust her tights and then decided to sit down on the stage, hidden completely by the row of poinsettias that lined the edge. Oh, well, at least she had fun! The best part for Carson and Molly...

...was probably the cookies and hot cocoa afteward! I tried to get a picture of my girls...

...uh, Molly, look at the camera...

...Molly, open your eyes...

...Molly, hold still, you were blurry in that one! Needless to say, I decided to give up on getting a decent pic of the girls...

...and they got upset with ME! Go figure!!

Awwww, what a nice family picture in front of the Christmas tree in the Church lobby! (Can I tell you how much I LOVE that Molly always wants me to hold her...and then always gets cheek-to-cheek with me?! We've come a long way, baby!!) We took a few more pictures with the tree in the background...

...of the Littles...

...our spunky little Princess...

...our studly Little Man...

...another one of the Littles...

...and one of Carson and his buddy, Selleck. Here, Molly and Carson...

...were pretending to drive Santa's sleigh. (Love the imagination of kids!) Not sure if Selleck was supposed to be a reindeer or not. Ah-ha...

...I got a picture of Max! Chelsie and Alan surprised us by attending the concert and that was the only picture I was able to catch of their son, Max. (He HATES having his picture taken and rarely cooperates.) We were heading out to go to Big Boy for dessert with Chelsie, Alan and Max and I couldn't find my coat...


...well, that explains it! Molly stole it. Give that back, you silly girl!! More holiday happenings to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment