The Grinch Loses...The Tree Goes Up!Yes, in case you're new to this blog, Daddy is the Grinch. He hates Christmas songs, Christmas shows, and Christmas decorations. He cringes his way through December and tolerates my LOVE of all things Christmas. (In fact, the Christian radio station I listen to started playing Christmas songs the week of Halloween...I was in heaven!!)
Our tree normally goes up the day after Thanksgiving...whether Daddy likes it or not...but this year we were all too busy to put it up. Well, that's not 100% true. Meggie was home with the Littles while Daddy was at the Bowling Green game and I was at work. Just to bug Daddy, Meggie dug the tree out and put it up all by herself, but it took us until the Sunday after Thanksgiving to get it decorated. Carson is an old pro at tree decorating, since this is his third Christmas with us...

...and Molly caught on right away and was an enthusiastic first-timer!




I love this picture...

...since it caught Molly off guard as she was concentrating on hanging an ornament. I shouldn't have encouraged this picture...

...because it took us a good week to teach her to leave the ornaments alone! She is just so amazed at having a tree in the house...I love seeing Christmas through her eyes for the first time!! This picture...

...proves that I wasn't in Daddy's chair on the computer the ENTIRE time the kids decorated the tree. (Hey, the blogging has to be done sometime!) The finished product is, as always, a wonderful sight...

...made even better by the fact that Meggie donated her own personal miniature tree...

...to be placed on the little table in the upstairs hallway. The kids LOVE having two trees...and the Grinch is tolerating having a decorated Christmas tree just outside our bedroom door.
Isn't Christmas wonderful?!
No comments:
Post a Comment