Let it Snow, Let it Snow...Make it STOP!Last week, the kids got TWO snow days. Heck, I attend a University that is known for NEVER calling off for snow...and I had a snow day last Tuesday! Today we are in the middle of getting nine inches of snow -- and since the beginning of February, we have gotten a record-setting 22 inches!! Ridiculous!
As requested by a very demanding loyal reader (yes, Kristen, this means YOU!), we took some pics of the Littles out in the snow last week. First, they had to get all bundled up...

...and off they went, into the front yard. Carson took about ten steps and immediately...


...started rolling around in the snow. What a goofy boy! Molly, however...


...is more sensible and methodical in her snow play. She stays upright and plays with the Diego bucket like she's on a beach. After some rules from Daddy...

...some more rolling in the snow...

...and more bucket-filling...

...two very frozen (and exhausted) Littles headed in to get warmed up. I took these pictures of our backyard patio...


...to show how much snow actually fell last week! Crazy!! Well, it didn't end there...at 2:30 this morning, the snow started up again with a vengeance! Tonight before dinner, I took this picture of our patio table and chairs...

...and this picture of our back porch...

...showing the snow piling a good six inches higher than the threshold! I'm beginning to feel trapped in my house!!
Is spring EVER going to arrive?!?!?!
Teresa, we live in Northern Virginia, supposedly the south. And we have had over 40 inches this month. My kids have only gone to school 2 days in February! (Of course, one of those was a teach workday, but still...) They are going back today, even though it's a 2 hour delay. And the moms are HAPPY!!! I think even the kids are happy! I have no idea how they will make up all these snow days. I'm afraid they may be in school until July 4.
ReplyDeleteI love how Molly is using the bucket like it's the beach. That is too cute! And Carson....why am I not surprised he just flung himself down in the yard?? I hope your snow leaves quickly. Ours was gone the next day. Got to love Georgia!
ReplyDelete