Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Fun Saturday Night...

Meggie was in Orlando, Florida celebrating with her dance team -- they placed 5th in both their jazz and hip-hop routines yesterday, meaning they will be dancing both in the finals this afternoon. (Last year they only placed in jazz.) This is a HUGE deal! Congrats, girls!

Daddy was at a party, celebrating with his family and his nephew Tyler, who was signed as a free agent last night with an NFL team. That is also a HUGE deal!! Congrats, Tyler!

Me? Oh, I know how to party, don't you worry! Since Tyler's party looked like it was going to be a late one, I decided to keep Carson and Molly home and we had our own little party. (Sorry, family, but we have Church in the morning and they need a good night's sleep on Saturdays.)

We had pizza for dinner and the kids got to eat in the family room. (That is a huge deal, 'cause we NEVER allow that.) After showers were finished, I offered to play a game with them. Carson...
...ever the couch potato, declined. He chose, instead, to watch...
...his Spiderman movie on the big screen TV. Molly...
...gladly took me up on the offer to play a game. We decided on Candyland...
...and she beat me soundly! (Beginner's luck...) Then the three of us headed up to Mommy and Daddy's bed to watch Dumbo while we snuggled.

While I'm sure Meggie and Daddy had a great time at their celebrations, I gotta admit this was the most fun I've had on a Saturday night in a long time.

Wow, I am REALLY getting old...

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I've decided it doesn't make us old to enjoy the simpler things in life, it just means we've learned what we should really appreciate;) Glad you enjoyed your easy and comfortable Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Was Meggie's team at UDA/UCA Nationals or at World's?? How cool is that!! Congratulations to her and her teammates on making finals! That's quite an accomplishment.

    Also congrats to the nephew on making NFL. Wow!

    ReplyDelete