Saturday, July 17, 2010

Enjoying THIS July 17th So Much More!

Last July 17th (a mere 12 days before boarding our flight to China), I had emergency surgery as a result of my knee-buckling, nausea-inducing, tearfully embarrassing gallbladder attack two days prior. Not the best day of last summer, for sure.

Today, however, is quite a different story.

Because today, you see, Carson and Daddy headed out early...
...for football equipment hand-out! (The jerseys aren't in yet.) Yes, folks, Carson is SUPER stoked that he gets to start football practice in a mere nine days.

Truth be told, I'm pretty stoked myself. When Meggie was little, I coached her elementary school cheerleading squad. (Those who know me, stop laughing. I was an AWESOME cheer coach...although I did get the nickname "The PomPom Nazi" from some of the parents due to my strict disciplinary style. The girls, however, ROCKED under my leadership!! Anyway, I digress...)

Being the cheer coach afforded me a GREAT spot on game days...literal feet from the action. As much as I love watching football on TV, there is NOTHING like hearing the sounds of those helmets crashing together. (Yes, I know there are little heads in those little helmets, but I just LOVE that sound! Does that make me weird?!)

After Daddy got Carson all suited up, the only thing cuter than watching Carson and Daddy's excited reaction...
...was watching Molly's!
She was a seriously smitten kitten when she saw her big brother ready for battle. Oh, football season is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa! I got your comment on my blog about Anna! Do you want to email me at 5puppies@comcast.net? I could not reply to your comment! BTW, your kids are just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we get our gear next weekend! woop! woop! when you live in central iowa - you LOVE football season! Hey, it's what we've got......

    well, that & sweet corn.

    speaking of digressing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carson has come so far in the past 2 1/2 years! He looks like he is ready to play! I am sure his sisters will be cheering away on the sidelines. There is nothing like hero worship from a little sister.

    ReplyDelete