Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Little Bit of Magic...

...ended up being a whole lot of fun!

In our never-ending quest to save money, we started scoping out the restaurants that have freebie deals. (Hey, even a budget-minded family enjoys restaurant food once in a while!) A couple of weeks ago, we found out that Champp's had a kids-eat-free special and headed on over.

After finding out the REAL details -- kids eat free if we ordered entrees, which are SUPER expensive -- we decided it was actually cheaper t0 just order sandwiches and pay for the kids' meals. (Lesson learned...)

As we ate, I noticed a woman going table to table, entertaining the kids. For some reason, I was hoping she wouldn't come to our table. Don't know exactly why, but it just seemed like the families who were on the receiving end of her entertainment looked put out and frustrated.

Well, the woman came to our table as we were finishing up sharing the kids' ice cream sundaes (which were free with the purchase of a kid's meal). The entertainment, we found out, was a magic show. I took a deep breath, forced a smile, and allowed her to put on her show for Carson and Molly.

I had to admit, she was a good magician. I also appreciated that she allowed the kids to participate...
...as they straightened out and checked out the strings that the Amazing Cindini (as she called herself)...
...used for the first trick. When the trick was finished...
...Carson was truly amazed! Cindini was enjoying Carson's reactions and asked me to take a picture as she had never seen a kid so wowed by her magic. Molly, however...
...smiled and enjoyed it, but was a bit more skeptical of how the magic was working. After a few more tricks, Cindini ended the mini magic show with gifts. Carson got to keep a card she used in one of her tricks (he had written his name on it as part of the trick, so I'm guessing she couldn't re-use it anyway)...
...and Molly got a really cool rose that Cindini made by folding a paper napkin.
Even without the kids-eat-free special, the night still ended up being worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment