Day Two Ends...The Trip Winds Down...After surviving the zoo, we all got cleaned up and headed to the lobby for pictures...



...before heading here....

...for some general craziness...





...lots of pictures...


...a completely wiped out nap...



...and some pretty amazing food! (Notice how I didn't get any pics of myself chowing down? Sorry, Sara...it had to be done!) After a bit more craziness...



...and a bit of pig riding, we headed to have dessert at Graeter's! (Truth be told, we took a long and circuitous route through neighborhoods and we were sure that Midge was getting us lost. Oh, us of little faith...) After eating some of the best ice cream in the world...




...and a lot of talking and laughter, we headed back to the hotel. Before bed, pictures were taken...

...toys and laughter were shared...




...and relationships were beginning to blossom. (Can you believe Molly is two years older than Michelle? You'd never guess it by height!)
I can't tell you how surreal it is to meet someone in real life that you only "know" through Internet connections and blog posts. I kind of equate it to meeting a celebrity. The potential problem is that sometimes, when meeting a celebrity, they don't live up to your expectations. I truly feared, would that happen this weekend?
Thankfully, it did not. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I was hesitant to attend this reunion...it ended up being the best weekend we've had in a long time! Everyone was so sweet, the kids got along so well...it was just wonderful!
Thanks again, Midge, for inviting us along. We are thrilled to be honorary members of Travel Group 1444!!
well........????????
ReplyDeleteI'd say you sure recapped it - looks like you had a nice, quick trip! And hey - those ribs STILL look good :)
Hope we get to meet again next time #1444 meets & maybe there will be more of you!