Football Practice (or How the Girls Survived Two Hours in the Heat)...We wanted to be supportive. Truly, we did. So Molly and I schlepped out to the football field with every intention of enjoying ourselves and supporting Carson and Daddy.
We even started out smiling...

...until we realized how stinkin'
hot it was...

...and how boring it is...

...to watch first grade boys run and sweat at football practice.
Uh-oh, after that last face, I figured we better find something to keep Princess Molly entertained. She begged me to let her play with the camera. Uh....OK. Let's test it out. Molly, take a picture of me sitting in the back of the van watching practice.

Not bad. OK...this could be a good time-filler. Have at it, Molly!
She had a ball with the camera. She got MANY pictures of the football team...

...of course, you'd have to have pretty excellent vision to make out the people in that far-off, slightly slanted picture. There was a cute little baby sitting nearby...

...and I think she captured his cuteness pretty well in that picture. After she dropped the camera, her picture-taking time ended abruptly.
"GRRRREAT!" she barked at me...

..."now what do I do for fun?" My reply? You'll figure something out. I was so right!
Left to her own devices, she started wandering around the open field, singing a completely made-up song at top volume...



...and by the time she got to her big finale, people were starting to stare! Uh, Molly...Carson is over there. Look!

At that particular point in football practice, Daddy's group was running a drill where the boys would run hard (while Daddy yelled "Chop, chop, chop, chop...") and they would then drop on the ground quickly (when Daddy yelled "Hit!"). Molly thought that was the funniest thing she had seen in a long time. She kept turning to me, laughing, and repeating, "Chop, chop, chop, chop...HIT!" Then she decided to join along with the boys.



Once she was lying in the grass, she got the great idea...


...to make a grass Molly. It took until literally the last three minutes of practice...

...for the little girl from a few cars down (never did catch her name) to come down to play. Really?! I didn't even see her down there! The girls bonded over Molly's stuffed puppy dog and promised to play at the next practice. The head coach's wife was so sweet, she brought popsicles for the players...

...and even gave 'em to the sisters and brothers watching from the sidelines. Molly, think we'll come back to football practice any time soon?

I love all the pictures and getting to see how big both your littles are getting! I hear you on surviving those boys sporting events though... thankfully our daddy hasn't offered to coach... yet. :P Love the grass Molly and that wink! She is gonna keep you running I think! :D
ReplyDelete