Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Girls' Weekend!

Last Saturday, Meggie's dance team had an out-of-town competition...which meant we got another girls' weekend! Since Meggie's call time was 7AM, we headed to a hotel nearby on Friday evening.

Our room had a king-sized bed and a pull-out couch. Since Molly is the world's worst to sleep with (she's quite a wild sleeper!), we decided she got the pull-out. (Plus, pull-outs are notoriously uncomfortable and she wouldn't complain.)
She was SUPER excited to get this mini bed all to herself...
...but was glad to invite Meggie in for a goodnight smooch! Saturday morning, I awoke to find this...
...upside-down sleeping girl. (See what I mean about the wild sleeper? Her feet are on her pillow!) When it was time for Meggie to put on her stage makeup...
...Molly had to have a front-row seat. (She LOVES to watch us apply makeup.) By the way, Meggie wants to be sure you all know that she is NOT undressed in that picture. Her costume has a halter top and the straps are under her hair. When we arrived at the Convention Center......our little ballerina wanna-be just HAD to call Carson on her play cell phone to tell him she missed him...
...and then she double-checked our noisemakers to be sure they were in full working order. Molly brought her Leapster, but I surely don't know how to make that thing work...
...thankfully, one of Arielle's brothers was willing to try to figure it out for me. (Thanks!!) After all that trouble...
...Molly decided her Color Wonder coloring book was more fun anyway. Ugghhh!! After the teams two performances...
...both of my divas look pretty tired! (We did get up at 5:30AM, so I don't blame 'em!) When the team went back into the performance arena for the awards presentation, Molly and I decided to keep our spot in the hallway...
...and it didn't take her long to fall fast asleep! Geez, kiddo! Maybe our ballerina wanna-be needs a later call time to be at her best...

1 comment:

  1. So cute, I especially love the upside down sleeping. We've had that occur in our bed during the night, too! (by a youngster, mind you). You can tell from the pictures how much Meggie loves her little sissy! Our big girl is 22, she was 16 when our Abby came home from China at 10 months. They are the very best of friends and I love the sister relationship they share with one another. There's just nothing in this world like a sister! She's in nursing school 2 hours away and sometimes she just has to drop everything to come home for the weekend to get in her "sissy time".

    ReplyDelete