My little sister...who is 31 years old but still my little sister...has been pregnant for what seems like FOREVER! Three weeks ago, she went into early labor. She headed to the hospital...and they decided to stop her labor since she was a bit too early.
She and her husband Brandon headed home...and a few minutes after they headed to bed, their furnace caught on fire! Thank God, their almost-two-year-old Sophia was staying at my parents' house or she would have NEVER survived the smoke that was being pushed into her upstairs bedroom. They all got out OK (even Lucky, our old dog), but have been homeless ever since due to the extensive smoke damage their house suffered. Nothing like spending the end of a pregnancy living like a gypsy! So Lucky went to my sister Nikki's house and Debbie, Brandon, and Sophia went to live with my sister Michelle. Here's a pic...
...of her GIGANTIC pregnant belly right near the end of the pregnancy. I swear it looked like she was having twins! Well, last Wednesday...on Molly's 5th birthday, no less...little Eliot arrived!Thursday I was scheduled to work a shift at the hospital after teaching clinical but got canceled. Yeah! That gave me time to go meet my new nephew! Since I was wearing scrubs (even though I had not touched a patient), I put a hospital gown on backwards to protect Eli from any potential germs. Here we are...

...Eli and his favorite aunt...
...and with Grandpa D. He is such a cute baby...looks exactly like Sophia, except he has dark hair! Gotta give it to her...my sister does have cute kids! Before we left...
...I grabbed a pic of the proud parents with their Little Man. Thanks, Dad, for sending me the pictures. And congrats, Debbie and Brandon! He's just precious!!




















Thanks Pookie! I promise I'll get around to blogging my own life soon. Great pics of the boy for me to steal :-)
ReplyDelete