Sunday, October 25, 2009

Molly's First Visit to the Dentist...

I shouldn't have been shocked. After all, she has been forced to endure two blood draws and a procedure requiring urinary straight cath'g. So even though I promised Molly that there were no boo-boos to be had at the dentist's office last Tuesday, when she saw the dentist in his scrubs...
...she got VERY upset. I had already let her stand next to me and watch me have my turn. She held my hand the ENTIRE time and kept asking me if I was OK. I repeatedly told her I was fine and she saw it was not painful. Didn't matter...
...when the dentist tried to count her teeth, she completely lost it. Poor baby. There was no calming her down. Since Carson is a big boy, the hygienist cleaned his teeth in a room across the hall while the dentist cleaned mine. I thought maybe if Molly saw Carson sitting happily in the chair...
...it might help convince her that she need not be afraid.
I was right! While the dentist just jumped right into the teeth counting...
...the hygienist took the time to play with Molly and gave her a blue glove to wear so they could match. Score one for the hygienist! After the brief warm-up...
...they got down to business and cleaned that beautiful smile. She even endured some tartar scraping at the end and didn't cry! I couldn't get a picture of it, but every time the hygienist used the suction (aka Mr. Thirsty), Molly giggled and giggled. It was so cute...especially in contrast to the sobbing we had at the beginning of the visit. Final report...
...two beautiful smiles, no cavities! Oh, yeah, and I need to floss more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment