Happy Halloween!The Halloween party at Max's house last weekend was just the start of our Halloween festivities. Now it's time to blog about the rest...
Friday the Littles had their "Harvest Party" at school. (Christian schools don't use the term "Halloween," ya know!) Since Molly's Cinderella costume was a bit much to deal with at school, we pulled out an oldie-but-a-goodie...

...the Little Bo Peep costume I made for Meggie when she was in Kindergarten. (Yes, folks, back when I had free time, I made all of Meggie's Halloween costumes from scratch...patterns and all! Ahhh, the days of free time...) Carson also decided to pull out an old costume...

...and went as Spiderman. Hey, kids, aren't you looking forward to your Harvest Party? You both look so sad!

Ahhh, much better! Sadly, a little after noon the school called to tell me that Carson was running a fever and needed to be picked up. The only problem with that request? I was too sick to get him! (I embarrassed myself by vomiting at work on Thursday and was still in bed recuperating from whatever bug I had caught.)
Never fear...Daddy to the rescue! He brought both of the Littles home and Carson just crawled into bed with Mommy. When Meggie got home from school, she felt so bad for us that she decided to make us a special snack...

...her special Mike Wazowski toast! See the resemblance?

As big fans of Monsters, Inc., she thought it might cheer us up.

Hmmm...not so much. Poor little guy! While he was super excited to get to stay in Mommy's bed and watch movies, he was a bit concerned about possibly missing trick-or-treating on Saturday. His fever got as high as 103.3 and I really didn't see any chance of him getting to go out to collect candy. Lucky for him, Mommy wasn't home when the decision was made Saturday afternoon. (He WAS still running a fever.) Daddy just bundled him up and got him in his costume. By the time I got home, they were headed out and Carson was too excited to be stopped.
Ever the creative genius, Meggie quickly threw together a costume for herself...

...using an old sombrero she found in the dress-up box, my favorite blanket, and an eyeliner-drawn moustache. What a goof! Here are the three of them together...

...before the trick-or-treating began. (I guess Carson was a combination Power Ranger/ninja with that hat on! Daddy thought it was a good idea to keep his head warm while they were out and about. Score one for Daddy.)
When they came back with all their loot, we grabbed some quick pics...



...before we headed inside to the warmth of the house.

Ahhh, how cute is that?! Uhhh, Molly...

...Cinderella usually wears a TIARA, not a sombrero! OK, the Ninja Power Ranger I could live with, but THIS...

...is ridiculous!! All right, little ones, it's time to get out of those costumes, put away the candy, and head to bed.

As I suspected, they weren't pleased with that suggestion. Some traditions truly stand the test of time, don't they?
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!
OH NO!! Yikes, first Lou Ellen's kids (the little ones) had a fever, now Lou Ellen has Phenomena (sp?), fever, and is sick, NOW Carson has a fever, and your sick!!! Yikes! Glad they were able to have some fun!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! So glad the kids all had fun...fevers and all. :-)
ReplyDeletecute. I thought I was the only one that went out in a poncho
ReplyDelete