Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Christmas Tradition and a First for Molly...

For years, we had a Christmas tradition of going out to the movies on Christmas night. The past few years that tradition -- for various reasons --
has gotten sidetracked. This year, we brought it back.

There are few things more fun than seeing a child's reaction when they see their first movie in a movie theater. It is just awesome! Molly was AMAZED. As soon as we got to our seats, she shouted, "Wow!! That is a BIG TV!!" So funny!

As soon as the movie started, both of the Littles went into their "cartoon coma"...
...and I love Carson's face in that picture. He was TRYING to look at me and smile, but he couldn't seem to tear himself away from "The Princess and the Frog." (By the way, that movie is VERY dark and spooky -- since the Princess is turned into a frog by a voodoo man using black magic -- and it scared the daylights out of Molly. She watched most of the movie hiding her face behind Meggie's arm and it has created a lot of stress in our home now that she is suddenly afraid of the dark, her bedroom, going to the bathroom alone, etc. We do NOT recommend this movie!)

Despite her fears, we discovered that Molly shares Carson's love of movies and Mommy's love...
...of buttery movie theater popcorn! (Molly and I both left the movie with stomach aches, but we didn't mind.)

When the movie was over, I was able to get some smiles...
...and we all agreed that Christmas Family Movie Night was a tradition worth bringing back!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love traditions?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Theresa!

    Love reading your updates!! Molly seems to be doing great!! I hope her results from the MRI are positive. We always go to the movie on Christmas day too...Kaylee actually made it through the Chipmunks movie!! She is doing great too. I updated our website a few times, check out the pictures...www.youbelong.net/theupps. Are you on facebook? We had a little play date with Laurie, Sophie and Mia the other day. Mia is too cute and doing great also!

    Take care,
    Shauna Upp
    Kaylee's mom
    skeupp@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with the thumbs down on the princess and the frog. I took my three year old who has a love for all things princess. Should have done my research before going. While she wasn't as scared as I thought she should have been, I hated that the voo doo guy was so very evil!
    thanks for updating! :)
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traditions too! Love the cartoon coma pictures!!!

    I've heard similar things about the movie so I'm glad we haven't seen it... hope poor Molly recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete