Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

OK, so I'm two weeks late from the official date of CNY (which was February 14th), but yesterday was when our local FCC Chapter celebrated...so Happy Chinese New Year!

When I pulled out the camera at the celebration, I got the BEST picture of the day first...
...as Carson grabbed Molly from behind for a hug. So sweet! We headed first to the games.
How about those action shots, huh?! After a wonderful Chinese buffet dinner...
...and a few silly pictures...
...it was time for the Dragon Parade. I thought they'd be afraid of the Lion Dancers...
...but I was wrong. They both joined in the Lion Dance and had a ball. While I worked the registration table for Chelsie (you're welcome, dear!)...
...the kids got to work on their ribbon dancing skills. We ended the festivities...
...watching this amazing puppeteer tell the story of The Three Pigs. She was so funny and engaging...she kept the adults interested and we all KNEW the story already!

This was Carson's third CNY with us and Molly's first...and the first time we stayed for the entire celebration! What a fantastic day!!

1 comment: