Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Coloring of the Eggs...

Last night brought another tradition...the coloring of the Easter eggs. Not only was this a tradition (and I LOVE traditions), but it was a first for Molly -- making it a two-fer in my book!!

Daddy hard-boiled the eggs and set up all the coloring supplies. Molly was a natural...
...and after taking a few hints from Carson and Daddy...
...proudly displayed her favorite yellow egg.
No one was surprised when Carson decided to make his first egg orange. This picture was taken...
...to show the set-up and prove that Meggie was involved. (She was not up for being photographed and I didn't want to give her more ammunition to prove that I never blog about her.) Meggie got a bit creative in her egg designs...
...and chose to do a Mike Wazowski egg.
See the resemblance? We're big fans of Monsters, Inc. in this house! With 18 eggs to color, it was a bit impressive that only one...
...took a hit and had to be pitched. Hmmmm...wonder who broke that egg?
Well, give her a break, folks...it WAS her first time coloring eggs! When all the eggs were completed, I took one more picture of the Littles...
...so I guess we could partly blame me for this...
As Molly (aka Pig Pen) brought her arm down after posing for that silly picture with Carson, she landed her elbow square in the yellow egg dye. Her reaction? "Daddy! Why did you put that THERE?!" Yes, folks, she blamed a man...good girl! What was I thinking, doing bath time BEFORE egg coloring? At least it was yellow dye...
...and Meggie was able to clean up our little Pig Pen pretty quickly. Carson, on the other hand...
...was pretty irritated that he got splashed because of Molly's mistake. What WAS she thinking?! Don't worry, Carson...
...she agreed to keep her hands in the air until bedtime, to assure nothing else got spilled. Ah, tradition...

2 comments:

  1. So cute! What fun! We all love Meggies egg at the Kreuer house!

    ReplyDelete