Friday, May 21, 2010

Celebrating Future Educators...

Monday evening, Meggie was inducted into the Future Educators of America. Her high school has an awesome program called Teacher Academy and it has truly been a God-send for Meggie. I truly believe that this class is responsible for renewing Meggie's enthusiasm for school right when she needed it.

Since Carson had soccer practice, Molly and I attended the induction ceremony. It was a very nice program but Molly was super bored. She kept wanting to get up and dance. (There was no music in this program...) Since I was smart enough to sit in the back row with her, she was able to move around and work off some steam during the boring parts.

After it was over, I wanted to get some pictures of Meggie and her friends...
...but that little stinker kept edging herself into the pictures. (Good thing she's cute and Meggie's friends didn't mind!)
Ah-ha! Got one without Molly in it!! This picture...
...is of Meggie with Miss L., who runs Teacher Academy. This woman is a wonderful educator with that awesome mix of high standards and accountability combined with fun and affection for her students. I give her all the credit for motivating Meggie to bring her grades up this year. LOVE her!!
Well, look who thinks she's in Teacher Academy now!! Molly was bummed we sat in the back row during the program...
...so she nabbed a front row seat when she could. (Of course, the program was over at the time...) Look out Laura...
...Molly stole your flowers and I think she's making a run for it!!

Sorry, Meggie, I tried to make this blog about you...but your little stinker of a baby sister decided to steal the show. Better get used to that, dear...

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Meggie, both on bringing up grades and being inducted into Future Educators! I wonder if Teacher Academy is anything like the Teacher Cadet program here at our high school?

    ReplyDelete