Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Since tomorrow is jam-packed, there'll be no time for blogging. Hope I'm up for a day of fun!

My strep infection decided it was lonely...so it invited its friends, bronchitis and laryngitis, in for a party. I have now been sick for eight days, on antibiotics for four, and today have a raging headache and absolutely no voice. None. At all. And I'm coughing up yuck pretty constantly. Don't I sound ready to party?!

My kids have been so sweet about Mother's Day. Meggie saved her unspent Visa gift cards from the Florida trip and insisted on spending them on me. (I begged her not to...truly.) So far I've gotten a beautiful potted hyacinth (LOVE the smell of that flower!) and a jumbo box of Whopper candy. And she says I have one more gift coming.

Carson made me a gigantic card, complete with his hand print, and gave me a flower he potted at school. He decorated the pot with sequined jewels in the shape of a "walkie-talkie, so I could talk to Daddy." Not sure I see the "walkie-talkie" in the design, but you can be the judge when I post pics later.

Molly also potted a flower for me and decorated the pot as well...it says "Mommy" in glitter on one side and has a glittery train on the other. When she gave it to me, she said, "You like trains...right, Mommy?" Ummmm...of course I do, when they are made in glitter on a gift from my baby girl!

Daddy tossed me -- literally, from across the room -- a box of chocolate covered cherries (my absolute favorite!). We don't make a big deal about presentation in this family...it's the thought that counts.

Now it's off to bed. I have a full day of gatherings to attend after Church tomorrow...then I have three beautiful flowering plants I have to try to keep alive. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment