Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just Too Much Pressure...

Mother's Day has come and gone. It was a groundbreaking Mother's Day for me...the first one where all my children were together. My family is complete. Wow.

My children all felt the need to brighten the day with flowers. Molly's lovely train-decorated pot...
...with "Mommy" on the other side...
...Carson's "walkie-talkie" decorated pot...
...and the hyacinth that Meggie bought me (which I should have photographed about three days before I did, 'cause then it wasn't dying). Don't get me wrong...I think flowers are wonderful. They are colorful and they smell great and they brighten up any room. But there is one thing my oldest...
...needs to do: look around our house. Meggie, do you see any live plants?? No, because I am a ruthless plant murderer. Always have been. So while I truly appreciate the gesture of flowers on Mother's Day, I can't take the pressure of trying to keep all these flowers alive! My kids need to know that they are the best gift I could get.
And for this I am grateful every day of the year.

3 comments:

  1. You miss me. You need me. (Plant the hyacinth outside and it'll come back next year.) Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love visiting your blog and believe that we are so much alike we could have been sisters in another life or something! I too have the touch of death... I try occasionally to grow something but house plants just never survive so we're learning to stick to outdoor plants that require no work from me! I've been so busy I haven't gotten to visit but I'm glad I logged on tonight and caught up on your crew:)
    I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day but with your great kids, I knew you would!
    Hope you're feeling better soon (ps tell Carson to stop sharing those strep germs with you! he's def too cute to get rid of;) )!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of mom and kids!

    ReplyDelete