Last night was Meggie's Academic Awards Night. I am so proud of her for working so hard this year and was looking forward to basking in pride at the event. Meggie left about 10 minutes before me, going up early with her friend Laura.
I was literally right around the corner from our subdivision, going about 45 MPH (in a 50 MPH zone, by the way) when a teenaged boy pulled out of a side street RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I slammed on the brakes, but couldn't avoid crashing right into him. Ouch!
My minivan took the brunt of the damage...
...didn't look very bad at all considering how hard I hit it.The boy told me he has only had his license for a month and he was cited at the scene...so my guess is he'll be losing his license for a while. Poor guy!
When Daddy arrived at the scene with the Littles, they were amazed. Carson, in fact, was thrilled to see the ambulance, firetrucks, and police cars on the streets surrounding the accident scene.
After x-rays and a CT scan (and four hours in the emergency department, which caused me to miss Academic Awards Night), all the serious stuff was ruled out. I, thankfully, was able to walk away with only whiplash and abdominal bruises and abrasions from the air bag. I'm also thankful that the kids weren't with me in the minivan for the trauma of the accident.
So what's wacky about all of this??
After the accident, standing in the street assessing the damage to the minivan...seeing Carson and Molly's reactions to the chaos...in the ambulance, while being cared for by two young medics...after I got strapped to the back board for transport to the hospital...while I was getting an IV as we bounced along on the highway...during the nearly two hours I laid on that back board on a stretcher in the HALLWAY of the emergency department -- all I could think of was, "I need to take pictures of this so I can blog about it."
If that ain't wacky, then I don't know what is!




















Oh wow! I am so glad you are all o.k.! I'm glad you were able to find a little something humorous about the whole situation. I think you might need to go to "blog-a-holics" for a while. (:
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you're okay!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh! The blogging bug has really gotten hold of you! :) I'm glad you weren't injured any worse, although whiplash, ouch!
ReplyDeleteI'm scared to death that my airbag will pop out and beat me to death one day. I've seen airbags leave the imprint of people's eyeglasses bruised onto their faces and break their noses.
Sorry you had to miss Meggie's big night! Feel better.