Friday, June 4, 2010

Dancing 'Til You Drop...

My brothers, two of my nephews, and my dad have formed a band. (Did you know my family is musical? My brother, Mike, is always forming bands...and they are always very good, if I must say so myself.)

Mike invited us to hear the new band play at a benefit last Saturday for a friend of his who has been diagnosed with cancer. For the low price of $10 per adult, we would get food, soft drinks, and a night of awesome family-friendly entertainment...plus we would be helping his friend raise much-needed funds for her cancer treatment.

We hyped it up all week to the kids -- they started calling it "the dancey party" -- so by Saturday they were totally pumped! Diva that Molly is, she went through five outfits before I finally put my foot down and picked what she would wear. (Five outfits? You're FIVE YEARS OLD!! Ugghhhh!)

We had to park down the street from the venue, and I just had to take this picture...
...of the Littles walking hand-in-hand. The sight of that never gets old! Before Mike's band performed, his son Nathan performed with his high school jazz band. The crowd saw it as a listening opportunity. My kids, however...
...did NOT come to this "dancey party" to merely listen. They were tearing up the dance floor as soon as the music began.

Cousin Sophia came to the party and wouldn't let Carson out of her sight. (I think she has a bit of a crush on him, to tell you the truth.) Carson obliged her by posing for a picture...
...and I love that she couldn't take her eyes off of him! When I got a picture with Sophia and Molly, Sophia looked at the camera...
...but wouldn't smile. Sophia, can't you smile for Aunt Teresa?
Not quite what I was expecting. Of course, then I had to get a picture of Carson and Molly...
...and for some reason Carson decided to put on his "studly" expression. What a goof!! Speaking of expressions...
...what is up with Meggie's in that picture? (I love that Laura looks so irritated...Meggie is a bit of a challenge sometimes.)
Ahhhh, much better picture of the best friends! Aren't they gorgeous?! The Littles begged me to dance with them...
...and Meggie apparently decided to snap a picture of us having a ball with Aunt Nikki. (Not a flattering pic of me, but we were having fun!)

After a couple of hours of dancing, Molly was still having a blast...
...but Carson hit the proverbial brick wall...
...and just collapsed in exhaustion. Party's over, family...time to head home!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a really fun night! Love all the pictures even if some showed grumpy, uncooperative kids. Been there. But the cute photos overrode the others!!!

    ReplyDelete