On my daily walk through my favorite blogs Thursday morning, I happened upon this post by Nicole at "A Gaggle of Giggles with the Gowers"...which of course veered my walk a bit off course to visit The Littlest Heroes Project website. According to the website:
"The Littlest Heroes Project is a non-profit based organization founded in January 2008 by Felicia Reinhard, made up of professional photographers nationwide that provide free photo sessions to our nations Littlest Heroes. Through the power of photography we are giving back and taking a stand for these children who sometimes feel forgotten because of their illnesses. We are here to let them know that they are heroes to many, and to share their inspirational stories and photos with the world."
I figured it was worth a shot to apply and did so Thursday evening. (I used the picture above in the application, by the way. Thought it might help.) While Carson and Molly are both more "regular ole wild kid" than "special need kid," I was so impressed with how this project highlights the kids who live their lives striving to be more than a diagnosis and hoped we might get accepted. Last night, I got an e-mail that we did! Not only will we get a free photo session with a custom photographer, but Carson and Molly will be highlighted on The Littlest Heroes Project website!
I went through the list of participating photographers (hoping my friend, Erin, might be one of 'em...how cool would that have been?...but she wasn't) and had a hard time choosing! I submitted my choices (first, second, and third) and now we wait to hear from whichever one we get.
If any of my loyal readers out there have a child (or know of a child) who might qualify for this awesome project, check out The Littlest Heroes Project and apply!




















So glad you were accepted too!!!! Can't wait to see all the amazing photos of your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI love that so many families I follow have been accepted! Can't wait to hear how it goes:) ps- sorry to have been MIA lately, trying to catch up from the last several weeks;P
ReplyDelete