So, technically, the events in this post happened on Tuesday. And, actually, we did spend $1 on our outing. (However, that $1 bill was swallowed by an evil vending machine, so I'm not counting it. Plus "Free Fun Tuesday" just doesn't roll off the tongue like "Free Fun Friday" does.)
I digress...
My dear friend-in-real-life (not on Facebook) Kathryn told me about a wonderful deal at two local movie theaters...Free Family Films! Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning through the summer they play not-so-new G- and PG-rated movies...completely FREE OF CHARGE! Now that's a Daily Summer Surprise worth celebrating!
So, Carson, Molly and I headed out a little after 9AM Tuesday morning. They had no idea where we were headed...which is kinda the point of the Daily Summer Surprise anyway. We arrived by 9:30 and waited in a very short line to get awesome (midway up, dead center, and FREE) seats to see "Monsters vs. Aliens." Carson was in heaven, Molly got bored quickly, but I didn't care -- I didn't pay a dime for those seats!!
I told the Littles that if they refrained from asking for food at the surprise, we would meet up with someone special for a snack afterward. They promised...after all, we had just eaten breakfast, so they wouldn't be hungry...but poor Molly just couldn't resist begging for popcorn when she saw everyone around us eating it. Sorry, Baby Girl, this is a FREE Daily Summer Surprise. No popcorn was purchased. (Those of you who know how much I love spoiling my children should applaud me loudly...THAT was difficult. This new budget stuff is KILLING me!)
We headed out after the movie to visit the "someone special"...Daddy! He works very near the theater and suggested I bring the kids in to visit. Another great FREE Daily Summer Surprise!
Daddy took the only $1 bill in his wallet to the snack machine to get the Littles something to share...and the aforementioned evil vending machine refused to give up the goods. No snack, kids. Sorry!! However, Daddy had another FREE idea...

...to go out to the lake on the property and feed the big, ugly catfish. The kids thought this was SUPER fun! Right, kids?
Oh, yeah, baby! I tried to get pictures of the big, ugly catfish as they devoured those pellets of fish food and this...
...was the best I could get. Apparently they are big and ugly, but they are also faster than my camera skills. (When I told Meggie later that those fish were literally as big as cats, she suggested that's why they are called "catfish." I thought it was the whiskers. I'm such a city gal.)After a few more pics...

...we headed home for lunch.And after lunch, we all snuggled in my bed and took a nap...which was also FREE! Hmmmm, maybe I CAN get used to this new budget stuff after all!




















No comments:
Post a Comment