Friday, December 10, 2010

The Grinch Loses Again!

Daddy is a self-proclaimed Grinch. And he thought, since we were out of town over Thanksgiving weekend (the traditional put-up-the-Christmas-tree weekend in our family), that maybe we wouldn't put up the Christmas tree at all.

Yeah, right.

Last Wednesday, while the kids were all at AWANA, I guilt-tripped Daddy into putting up the tree and the lights. He was hesitant. But I prevailed. (He's always hesitant and I always prevail.)

When the kids arrived home, Carson was ecstatic! And we decided right then and there...we were decorating the tree Friday evening.

Meggie's best friend, Laura, was kind enough to help us out. Daddy sat by and refused to lift a finger. No worries...the kids had fun!
Hope your Christmas preparations are coming along nicely as well. Next up...the Christmas cards!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, it always cracks me up when you refer to Daddy Berter as the Grinch. Because, we have a Grinch-like person in our home, especially when it comes to decorating. I was complaining last week because we have NOTHING up at our house, except 2 little poinsettia's I bought. We are waiting until next week to put up the tree and decorate, since Lizzy won't be home until then. But I asked if we could please put up the outside lights, and Bill told me, "You know how I didn't marry Daniel Boone's wife. (I say that to him all the time, when he asks me to go do guy things, like hunt with him or help him process deer meat. Ugh!)" Then he said, "Well honey, you didn't marry Tim the Tool-Man Taylor." Point taken! Thankfully, my boys are old enough to help me - the lights are going up today, even if it's freezing!

    ReplyDelete