Thursday, February 3, 2011

Terrible Tuesday? Wacky Wednesday?? This Week Has Been BAD!

Saturday we took Meggie to the airport for the big Germany trip. The Littles had fun goofing around in the airport. Meggie and I were both very brave...no tears! (Unless she cried when she got on the plane...I'm hoping she didn't.) Saturday night was low key 'cause I had a horrible headache. (I probably should have just cried and gotten it over with!)

Sunday our local FCC Group had Chinese New Year! I only had to work one hour of the event (which is a big reduction from prior years!) and the Littles had a blast! Daddy...well Daddy visited with our friends, Doug and Lou Ellen, and tolerated the rest of it. Being an FCC Board member with a Chinese son, I loved the fact that we got more boy-friendly entertainment this year...a kung fu demonstration and an awesome (and hysterical) juggler! Carson was in heaven! Pictures to come.

Meggie e-mailed me while we were at CNY to let me know how things were going. And she has been e-mailing me a couple of times every day, which is making the distance not feel so far. Unfortunately, my week has been bad for other reasons.

Monday afternoon my throat started hurting. I had a meeting at Church at 4PM, then met Daddy and the Littles for dinner, then took Molly to dance. By the time we got home from dance, I felt awful! I had a crazy high fever and could barely swallow. Uh-oh.

I had to cancel clinical on Tuesday and spent the day alternating between freezing with fever...then sweating when the fevers broke. The Littles had another snow day (technically, an ice day this time) so Daddy stayed home to take care of them. By the afternoon, I realized I needed to see a doctor. Daddy called and got me an appointment for Wednesday morning.

The strep test was immediately positive. So off to the Pharmacy we headed for a 10-day course of antibiotics. I got home and took a four hour nap. Then woke up vomiting! I already had this vomiting/diarrhea bug a month ago. Is it really fair that I get to have this much fun TWICE?!

The good thing? I've barely had time to miss Meggie since I've been delirious with fevers for the past two and a half days. The bad thing? I'm sick...AGAIN! And I had to cancel clinical for a second time this week. (That is a big no-no.)

Terrible Tuesday? Wacky Wednesday?? I just want this week to END!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...so sorry!! So many nasty things going around...helf our homeschool group was out with flu or some stomach thing yesterday. I hope the antibiotics are kicking in enough to make you feel better by now. But not enough to make the diarrhea worse. Poor thing! Go tuck yourself up in bed and stay there. Rest, rest, rest and sleep. Praying for a quick recovery.

    Hope Meggie's having the time of her life over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey teresa-- here's our address:

    Natalie and Luke Adcox
    45 Arequa Ridge Drive
    Colorado Springs, CO 80919

    ps-- did you ever get my email about a gal in my travel groups whose daughter has SB-- i thought you might be a good person for her to talk to.. :)

    ReplyDelete