Just wanted to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my Mom...

...who has been my sounding board, cheerleader, harshest critic when I needed it, and role model in so many ways. Mom, thanks for being there when I need to vent, or celebrate, or ask your advice. While I thought you were too strict when I was a kid, I'm amazed how often my parenting mirrors what you would have done so closely. Thanks for the wonderful example of selfless love for your children, even when they didn't appreciate or seem to want it.
By the way, I had to dig in the archives for this picture...which was taken on Father's Day in 2008! Note to self: get more pictures of Mom at family gatherings.However, it wouldn't be a complete Mother's Day if I didn't recognize my wonderful Mother-in-Law...

...who not only accepted me as a daughter pretty much from the moment I started dating her son in October of 1987, but is also the best Grandma in town! Mom, thank YOU for always being there for us, for loving on your grandkids and spoiling them rotten (even though it sometimes bugs me, I know the kids love it!), and for being the best Mother-in-Law a girl could ask for!
Also, a huge Happy Mother's Day goes out to all the wonderful women in my life who have helped me grow as a woman and a mother through their wonderful Christian examples. Many of you I will see today, but there are so many others (out there in bloggy world) who may never know how much you have impacted my life. Thanks for being YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment