Friday, July 8, 2011

Are You Kidding Me? MORE Birthday Pics??

As I went through my pictures, trying to assemble another blog post (I am SO behind), I came across another folder of pics from Meggie's birthday! Are you KIDDING me?!?! Well, I guess turning 18 is a rather momentous event and should be celebrated appropriately.

Since Meggie's birthday fell on a Wednesday and I was taking a Wednesday evening class, we had to actually celebrate her birthday on the day AFTER. Don't worry, we made it worth the wait...we headed to The Cheesecake Factory!

While we waited to order, I (ever the Mamaparazzi) went around the table and got pics of all in attendance, which included...
...Carson, Molly, and Evan...
...Meggie (of course), Taylor, and Rachel...
...Daddy and I...
...and our dear friends, Shannon and Chris. We invited Shannon and Chris and their girls because...well, mostly because we call Shannon Meggie's "Other Mother" and Meggie wanted 'em there. (I did too, but I didn't create the guest list.) Honestly, I sorta think Shannon is closer to Meggie than she is to me...I'm learning to live with it, Shannon, no worries!

After we ordered dinner, Meggie opened her cards and gifts. She was SUPER excited to open...
...the Troll bracelet Evan's parents bought her. She has been busy buying Trollbeads ever since! Not as pricey, but certainly as flashy...
...was the zebra-faced, rhinestone-studded, super-big watch we bought her. Evan's gift, though, was the show stopper...
...two tickets to see Idina Menzel in concert with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. Don't know Idina Menzel? She's an incredibly talented Broadway star (most notable as the original Maureen in "Rent" and the original Elfaba in "Wicked") who also happens to play Rachel's mom on "Glee." If you aren't familiar with her voice, you should be -- she's amazing! (Plus she's married to Taye Diggs, which is another claim to fame, I suppose.) While I think Evan was skeptical that he would enjoy the show, they ended up having a GREAT time and Meggie said she would absolutely want to see Idina in concert again if given the chance.

Oh, yeah, and Shannon and Chris gave Meggie a gift card to Target, which she promptly (upon returning home that evening) used to purchase some pretty gaudy zebra-striped rain boots. That girl and her sense of style...

Partly to kill the time while we waited for our cheesecake -- but mostly to irritate Meggie as only I can -- more pictures had to be taken...
...of Carson goofing around with his BEST friend (and trouble-making partner) Chris...
...and of me and the Littles. (Hey, I'm barely in any pictures and I'm trying to remedy that.) When the cheesecake arrived, Meggie's was a little extra special...
...and, even though they misspelled her name in chocolate sauce, the effort was certainly appreciated!! By the time we finished dessert...
...and the girls enjoyed a quick game of Smack-the-Boyfriend (a family favorite)...
...we "danced" our way through the mall for a little window shopping before heading home. Hugs were collected...
...cute pictures were taken...
...and fun memories were made. OK, Megster, I think this blog has officially and fully celebrated your 18th birthday.

Don't tell me I never blog about you, girl...

1 comment:

  1. you could NOT blog about me all you want - if you PROMISE to take ME to the Cheesecake Factory :)

    ReplyDelete