Sunday, December 11, 2011

Preach It, Little Sister!

As we were heading to Church this morning, I happened to notice a woman walking along the sidewalk on the main road. Nothing about her caught my eye, really.

Molly noticed this woman, as well. "Mommy," she asked, "Is that lady poor?"

Wasn't sure what made her think that. The woman was dressed adequately for the freezing morning and looked as well groomed as one can judge as you fly past them at 55 miles per hour.

"I don't think so, Molly. Why?" I asked.

"Well, because she is walking to Church. And Church is really far away. So if she isn't driving in a car like us, then I figure she must be poor."

I had to smile. It never occurred to my little preacher girl that anyone would do anything OTHER than go to Church on a Sunday morning.

Don't you just love that?!

1 comment: