Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wacky Wednesday!

After our first parent-teacher conference with Carson's Kindergarten teacher -- where we learned that he is not exactly a star student and is, indeed, struggling enough to be in real danger of repeating Kindergarten next year -- I did my best to motivate my dear son.

I said, "Carson, if you don't start listening to the rules and learning your letters and numbers at school, you might have to be in Kindergarten again next year -- with Molly."

Oooooo, now THAT'S motivation. The whole little-sister-is-gonna-be-in-your-class-and-kill-your-cool-next-year threat.

His response? "Hmmmm...THAT could be fun!"
Uh-oh...we're in trouble!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart!!! I just had to LOL at that comeback from Carson! Good luck mom;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carson makes me laugh! Is there more than one kindergarten? I hope so. And, coming from a former K teacher, there is nothing wrong with repeating. If it would benefit him to stay back to get that good base of letter names/sounds/sight words, it may be worth it. Hate to put him in first grade where reading is key and have him start to dislike school. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete