Wednesday, May 5, 2010

(Not So) Wacky Wednesday!

My dear son -- the sweet, lovable boy with the best chubby cheeks you will EVER see -- makes me sick. Literally.
He doesn't do it on purpose, but intent isn't the issue here...it's results. My son, I have discovered, is a strep carrier. I am a weakling who catches strep at every possible opportunity. So every time Carson gets a fever, I end up with strep a few days later.

I got strep four times the first year Carson joined our family...and it happened again last week. He had a fever Tuesday...no other symptoms, just a low-grade fever...and I started with strep symptoms Friday afternoon. I "self-treated" for five days (another way to say "avoided going to the doctor at all costs") but gave in this morning. The strep test, of course, was positive.

So now I have ten days of twice-a-day antibiotics. And a decision. Does he stay or go?
Oh, all right. He can stay. I love him too much to get rid of him anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could just have his tonsils out! Or yours! You haven't had surgery in a while, aren't you about due for one?(: Just kidding! Sorry you are sick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my tonsils out already...before I had that done at the age of 28, I had strep almost constantly (no exaggeration). And, no, funny gal, I am NOT due for any more surgeries!! Not sure the pediatrician would take out Carson's tonsils just because they are making ME sick...hmmmm...I'll have to look into that...

    Teresa =)

    ReplyDelete