Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We Crashed Their Party...

...and loved every minute of it!

This past weekend was the long-awaited reunion with Molly and her foster sister, Michelle. We arrived home on Sunday, but blogging had to wait thanks to a nasty bug I caught and the small inconvenience known as my job.

I still don't have a true blog post ready, but I wanted to post how much fun we had, how happy we were Midge invited us along, and how much we appreciated Midge, Sara, Ellen, and Angela (and their families) making us feel so welcomed in their Travel Group Reunion. (Is it true we are honorary members of Group 1444 now?!)

For those who have traveled to China to adopt, you know the bond you form with your travel mates. (For those who haven't traveled to China to adopt, these mini reunions probably seem odd. ) I must admit, I started the weekend feeling a bit out of place...not because of anything anyone said or did, but just because we were, in essence, intruding on this special reunion.

However, it took very little time to realize -- travel group or not -- we are all bonded by our love for these special kids and the shared experience of going around the world (literally) to grow our families.

Give me a few days...and probably a few posts since I took nearly 100 pictures this weekend!...and I'll post the details of this special weekend. In the meantime, enjoy this great group shot...
...of Molly, Carson, Josh, Michelle, Mya, Owen, Carter, Cole, Leah, Eli, and Jeremy at the entrance to the zoo. (We were missing Alex, who refused to be photographed all weekend and stood with his Mommy in utter protest.)

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. We're so very happy you "crashed" the party. We loved meeting you, your husband, and all three of your kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Teresa!! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I am so happy you found me. I LOVE Sara!!! I would love to know more about your son and the rest of your family so I'm going to catch up on your blog. =)

    I'll touch base with you when we return!! Here's my travel link if you would like to follow us while we're in China.
    www.myadoptionwebsite.com/madelyn

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true - you are family :-) and we can't wait to begin planning the next reunion!! hey china kids are china kids, right!?!?

    now, remember not to post any unflattering pictures of friends.

    right?

    xoxxoo,
    sara

    p.s. hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete