Friday, August 20, 2010

What Did YOU Do Last Night?

Us? Oh, we had TONS of fun!

I'm back to working two jobs (stupid economy!) and didn't get home from work last night until 9:45PM. As I was chatting with Daddy for two seconds, Meggie yelled from upstairs, "Mom, you better get up here quick!" Thinking the Littles wanted goodnight kisses, I trudged away from my conversation with Daddy to head upstairs.

I was shocked to see Carson doubled over in bed, holding his lower right abdomen, crying hysterically! Uh-oh...looked like appendicitis to me! So, off to Children's Hospital's Emergency Department we went.

We were in the ED for hours, saw a few nurses, met the doctor, and were waiting (forever) for transport for some belly films.
Suddenly, Carson...passed...gas. And then he was fine.
Are you kidding me?! I seem to remember a very similar story about Daddy doing the same thing when he was a little guy.

I went out into the hallway to find the doctor. After assuring that he had definitely ruled out appendicitis, the doctor and I agreed to skip the belly films and get this boy on some MiraLax. (Carson had admitted to me in the van on the way to the ED -- as I tried to assess him while driving quickly to the hospital -- that he couldn't remember the last time he had...ahem...spent "quality time" in the bathroom.)
When I got back in the room, the mood was downright giddy. It was after midnight and the kids were getting slap happy.
(Meggie had come along for moral support and, yes, she was making the superhero toys smooch. What a dork!)

After the discharge instructions were provided, we headed home...admittedly a bit embarrassed that we had wasted the time and resources of the ED because my son is -- quite literally -- full of crap!
Hope your Thursday wasn't quite as eventful...

1 comment:

  1. I just posted a long comment and it's gone??? Anyway, We had a similar situation with my daughter Rachel...Too cute and funny!!!!!

    God bless,
    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete