Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meggie Gets a New Look...

It really was time. After all, she's 17 years old. She is the primary preschool teacher for Pre-K kids on Sunday mornings, student-teaches a class full of Kindergartners once a week, leads the third, fourth, and fifth grade girls at AWANA on Wednesdays...and still gets mistaken for a 12-year-old because of her short stature and her very long hair.

So the time has come to say goodbye...
...to her gorgeous long locks. (By the way, her hair isn't slimy and gross in the "before" pictures, it was wet...she took a shower right before heading to the salon.) In the matter of an hour, Meggie went from this...
...to this!
Can you BELIEVE it?! And not only did Meggie get a new look (which she LOVES, by the way)...
...but Locks of Love is getting a 15-inch ponytail! I'm so proud of her for donating her hair. I know lots of girls do it, but I truly never thought Meggie would. (In fact, she always insisted she could NEVER do that.) Meggie's hair has always kinda been her "trademark"...and now another sick child will end up with a beautiful wig.
Like I always say...she's beautiful, inside and out!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she looks a good 5 years older!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! And yes, she does look older!! Katie chopped her hair off this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, beautiful Meggie!! I can't believe you DID IT!! It is SO cute & sassy though and your Mom is right, someone is truly going to benefit. I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very sophisticated, so smart...and sorry mom, older! Way to go Meggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meggie's hair looks FABULOUS! I love it! What a sweetheart to donate it so another child can benefit!

    My daughter can't get big hunks of hair cut off like that...because I swear it never grows. I think it's the curliness...it just springs back up to her shoulders or something. And no child would want a wig made of that! ;)

    Meggie, you look much more mature! Very much like a teacher. And a senior! Woo hoo for seniors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new hairstyle and she looks like you Teresa!!!

    ReplyDelete