When they arrived, Molly just wanted those GIFTS! While she dove in to unwrapping the packages -- and I tried to take pictures with my phone because we forgot the camera -- Carson wandered around the room, clearly a nervous wreck. He had so many questions...about my IV fluids, about my oxygen tubing, about the mask on my face. (I'm in respiratory isolation, but I wore a mask while they were in the room so the kids wouldn't have to be masked.) He was like a caged animal, nervously pacing the room.
Daddy took the Littles to the hospital cafeteria for some dinner and I took a quick shower. Unfortunately, that was when I realized my pneumonia symptoms are getting worse. I got very short of breath while off the supplemental oxygen. Ugghhh!
The kids were just too wound up and too worried about me to stay very long. We confirmed that I was not getting discharged tonight -- bummer! -- and Daddy took the kids home.
While this wasn't how I wanted to spend Molly's birthday, at least I got to see her open her presents. And I doubt she'll forget the birthday spent in Mommy's hospital room any time soon!




















i love you mommy (: now come home before i go insane!
ReplyDeletelove,
your favorite blue-eyed child
Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl! And gosh, GET WELL and GET HOME!!! Sounds like Meggie (& the gang) need Mama at home!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Molly:D... now get well Mama!!!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't they send in a handsome male nurse to help you wash?? Stay in bed and get well, already...more prayers going up for you!
ReplyDeletePrayers that you get well soon. And Happy Birthday, dear Molly!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn (in Las Vegas)
Happy Birthday to Molly! Teresa, I hope you feel better soon so you can bust out of there and go home! Prayers for a very speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you are still in the Hospital , hope you are feeling better tomorrow . Good old Kevin and Meggie , see i was right he is a good husband ha ha . sorry i couldn't get to Molly's party . Happy Birthday Sweet Girl , Love Aunt Edna xx
ReplyDelete