Except I don't do things the easy way.
See, I happily (at 3PM...what took so long to get a walk arranged?!) walked down the hall and around the corner with the charge nurse. We talked, we laughed...and suddenly things went downhill in a hurry. My oxygen sats (which should be between 96 and 100%) dropped to 80%...and stayed there. I started feeling anxious and a bit disoriented. The charge nurse wanted to offer me a chair. I just wanted to get back to bed so I could breathe again! We rushed back to the room and I was quickly hooked back up to 2L of oxygen.
That, my friends, bought me another night in the hospital and more testing. They ran more blood work...a number that should have been less than 0.4 was 1.1. Not good. So I had to have another scan of my chest. Currently waiting on the results of that.
Sad thing is, I actually feel great today. Except for the whole can't-breathe-when-I-ambulate part. And that is a pretty big and important part of good health.
So here I will stay...until we get answers, improvement, and a plan. I was told to expect to go home on an oxygen tank. I miss my kids, my own bed, my life.
More than one person today has said perhaps God is trying to tell me to take it easy. OK, God. I get it. Message received, loud and clear. I'm taking it easy. Now could you PLEASE get me back to my regular ole self?
'Cause I wanna go home...




















Oh, Teresa, I hope and pray you are better soon. I have been sick with pneumonia for 2 weeks. Add to that an allergic reaction to the first antibiotic, thrush, CT scan of chest, and ultrasound of thyroid (yep there are cysts there). So far, still at home. I hard a very difficult time breathing at work today - from moving around too much. I will be praying that you improve right away and get to go home tomorrow. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteahh teresa-- i am so sorry girl-- will be praying for your healing...
ReplyDelete