Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Little Heroes...

A few months ago, Inspiration Through Art (formerly the Littlest Heroes Project) awarded us a free professional photo session and want to include Carson and Molly on their website. Inspiration Through Art offers these photo sessions at no cost for kids with special needs. Placing them on the website is a way to educate others about their disabilities. While technically Carson and Molly have special needs, in reality they're just regular wild and crazy kids. Honestly, I almost canceled our appointment...feeling like they aren't "special needs" enough to qualify.

I'm so glad I didn't.

We had our photo session Wednesday evening. Besides really enjoying the time we spent with our photographer, Melissa -- such a sweet Christian woman with a huge heart for special needs kids -- I know we are going to get some amazing pictures from it. Melissa placed a few of the pics on her Facebook page today and I thought I'd give you a sneak peek. Prepare yourself...they're pretty awesome!
Melissa has two sons and it was pretty obvious she is DYING to have a daughter...she couldn't get enough of our Molly Jayne! Melissa brought a bunch of tutu skirts and huge hair bows. Molly was THRILLED! While I gotta say it's not an outfit I would choose...
...I do believe my Little Diva pulls it off quite nicely! Of course, the Little Man...
...wasn't going near those crazy tutus, thank you very much. Can't you just see the sibling love......in that one?! Hysterical! Having only spent two hours with the kids, I was impressed how well Melissa caught their true personalities in this one...
...and certainly can't wait to see the rest of the batch!

4 comments:

  1. They are GREAT!!!!! I'd be broke, I'd want ALL of them. they turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!! We just had our session last Sunday for Littlest Heroes!!! I can't wait for our sneak peeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I absolutely LOVE these!! What a wonderful gift to cherish...all these beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete