Yes, I'm working too many hours and getting not enough sleep. Yes, I'm struggling to keep up with my graduate school homework (another paper and two more presentations to go this semester!).
Wait a second...I'm supposed to be thankful here...
This was the week of first quarter grades for the kids. The highlights?
- While Parent-Teacher Conferences are a thing of the past for Meggie, I was SUPER impressed that she got all A's on her report card and has a 4.33 GPA for the semester! Wow!! She was also voted Student of the Quarter in her Teacher's Academy Honors Class (voted by her peers)! I'm thankful my Teenager is finally excited about school and kicking some serious butt this year in preparation for college! Way to go, Meggie!
- Molly (you remember her, our daughter who has only been exposed to the English language for the past 15 months?) went from knowing 5 of her letters at the beginning of the year to knowing 11 letters AND the sounds for all of them! Besides that, Molly is doing great overall in class -- following rules, making friends, and NOT being bossy. (Guess she saves that for us at home...) I'm so thankful that my Baby Girl is adapting so well and making her Momma proud! Way to go, Molly!
- At Carson's IEP meeting yesterday, I learned that he is reading independently! (I already knew that, but it feels good to hear it from his teacher.) He is only at Level B and needs to get to Level D, but his teacher and his reading specialist are TOTALLY not worried about his progress. We also -- as a team, at the IEP meeting -- decided to pull him from English as a Second Language and get him evaluated by the Speech and Language team. It appears he may have some processing issues with speech and language, and I am super thankful for the wonderful team at his school and how invested they are in his success. I'm also thankful that my Little Man works so hard all day at school, is well-liked by his peers, keeps exceeding his teacher's expectations, and does it all with a smile on his adorable face! Way to go, Carson!




















Great kid update!! Is Meggie ready for college? Better yet, are YOU ready for college???
ReplyDelete