As we left Grandma and Grandpa's, the Littles struggled to stay awake. I had to promise Molly I would wake her when we got home just to get her to relax in the van. They were both afraid we would change our minds and NOT let them open our gifts if they fell asleep.
Silly kids.
Since Santa is the generous one in this crowd, our gift opening is mild and low key...only four or five gifts per kid. (And, contrary to Carson's cynical comment, they were NOT all clothes.) So we passed out the presents...



...and our PJ-clad kids dug in...


...with a little silliness thrown in for good measure. After the gifts were opened, we had to take our traditional last picture on Christmas Eve...


...of the kids throwing the shredded wrapping paper. Silly, I know, but still a tradition. Normally that picture is taken just before we usher the kids off to bed. But they were wound up and not quite ready to sleep. Carson and Molly wanted to pose for me...


...in their Snuggies. (Yes, I think a blanket with sleeves is a very goofy invention, but Meggie loves her Snuggie...and anything that Meggie loves becomes a great gift idea for these two.) This picture...

...proves Carson's all-you-get-from-Mom-and-Dad-is-clothes theory wrong. Molly is wearing her cheerleader dress-up and playing with her cheerleader Barbie and Carson is playing with his WWE wrestling guys.

Oh, yeah, and Meggie is sitting on the kitchen counter, jamming some serious tunes from her new Glee CD.
OK. Enough playing. Time for bed.
Next stop: Santa was here!
I just read through all your Christmas posts!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I cannot believe how big all the kids are getting now.....that's both good and bad. =(
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!!