Friday, December 17, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

Daddy and I always say Molly will surely be a journalist some day. She is the Quiz Master if ever there was one, constantly -- and I do mean CONSTANTLY -- riddling anyone and everyone with an endless barrage of queries.

"Where do animals poop?"

"Does Santa Claus have a bed?"

"Do squirrels die?"

You think I'm kidding, don't you? I promise you, I am not. Those are direct quotes of questions actually asked by Molly in the last week. The child wants to know everything about everything!

Last Friday, as we were in the van headed to have our family pictures taken, Molly asked me a question I didn't quite know how to answer.

"Mommy, why do you have bras?"

Gulp.

Daddy choked back laughter. Meggie blurted out laughter. I slowly turned around in my seat to look at Molly, trying to figure out how to answer this question in a manner appropriate for a six-year-old girl.

When I looked at her, she was stroking her eyebrows. She then repeated her question.

"Mommy, why do you have eye-bras?"

Oh, THAT'S what she meant...eyebrows. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Lainey LOVES bras, and has told me she must have a blue one when her time comes. I guess taking her in the dressing room with me wasn't such a good idea?? ;)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Remind me some time to tell you about when a first grade teacher misunderstood one of my twins...I can't post it here. ;)

    ReplyDelete