Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A (Weird) New Christmas Tradition...

Tonight, Meggie isn't home. That's really not particularly strange -- her social life has gotten busier since she started dating Evan. But tonight is the first occasion of a weird (for me) new Christmas tradition...Meggie is celebrating Christmas with her boyfriend's family.

No, today's not officially Christmas (Evan's family is heading out of town tomorrow so they're celebrating early) so she's not missing anything major here. But it just feels weird. It feels weird for me that another family (who are strangers to us) have included Meggie in their family Christmas tradition. And it feels weird for me that Meggie is comfortable going. And being home tonight with two stir crazy little ones and without Meggie is an odd look into our very near future...a future without Meggie here every day.

I'm such a sap, but it's kinda making me sad.

So, what does a girl with no money and no job get her boyfriend for Christmas? Well, she gets creative.

Remember this post, when Evan asked Meggie to be his girlfriend via a hand-delivered CD? Her answer was obviously "Yes," but she made it official with his Christmas gift:
Did you notice the CD in the lower left corner?
Isn't that the cutest idea? I surely hope he appreciates her creative gift. (Most guys would not, I fear...) My favorite part of that gift is that most of those pictures were taken of the two of them before they were officially dating. Their friendship has been growing for a while and they just make the cutest couple. (Sorry, Meggie, but it's true.)

So, now it's time for Mommy to stop whining. The little ones are waiting and I think I see a rousing game of Uno in my immediate future...

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. It is hard to share, isn't it? Katie has been dating the same guy for three years now. I still haven't gotten used to it.

    Katie spent their first few celebrations making homemade gifts too! She also has made a scrapbook of their days. Her BF loved them. This year, since she is working, she bought him an ipod. He was so shocked that he asked if it was real!!

    We are home tonight with just the little ones. It's becoming more and more common. At least the big ones are breaking me in slowly! We have one more year with Alex until he is gone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... I'm feelin' sappy for you! Sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete