(I apologize for the late post, but I had a huge research paper to write that had to take priority. I just printed my final draft -- which is due tomorrow night -- so now it's time to update y'all.)
On Saturday, we went shopping with Meggie's friend, Abby, and her hilarious mom, Anne. It made things so much better for me that Anne also hates to shop. So she and I just pretty much mocked the entire event and kept each other laughing. We tried to find the ugliest dresses we could for the girls to try on. It was pretty amusing.
After a bit of time wasting, the girls got serious. Within minutes, Abby had three dresses and Meggie had two. Evan asked Meggie to avoid getting a black, white, or red dress. So, of course, Meggie's first pick was a black-and-white dress. (She's quite a brat sometimes.)
Considering that I knew she wouldn't pick the black-and-white one (which she tried on first but decided that the neckline-down-to-here was a bit much for her), I was thoroughly impressed that when she tried this one on...
Abby picked the first dress she tried on as well. (She went decidedly bolder than Meggie by choosing a striking black dress.)
So, a whopping 15 minutes later, we were finished! Sure, we need to get shoes and jewelry, but that's the easy part. For two moms who hate shopping, we counted our 15 minutes in the Prom dress section as a rousing success!
And every success deserves a celebration...
(If shopping were always that painless, I might be tempted to like it. I'm just sayin'...)





















Meggie's dress is beautiful! I'm sure she will look lovely wearing it. Glad you had success - when we did the prom dress shopping it was an event - weeks I tell you, weeks and weeks for this non-shopping mom. It was painful!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the dress! It's going to look amazing on her! How lucky are you that you didn't have to drag her around for days...like I'm probably going to have to do with mine??
ReplyDeleteooooh-- can't wait to see it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love her choice!
ReplyDeleteYes - in love it too! That color will be perfect on Meggie! I am glad she went with something so girly! Can't wait to see her and Evan all dressed up!
ReplyDelete