Friday, March 18, 2011

The Sacrifices We Make for Boyfriends...

Meggie and Evan have been an official "item" for a little over four months now. Gotta admit, he's growing on us. He takes Meggie's sarcastic attitude with a smile...and gives as good as he gets. He's respectful, sweet, and incredibly patient with the Littles. He's at our house often and a family event feels incomplete without Evan in attendance.

On a snowy day in January (why did I never blog these pics?), Meggie wanted Evan to hang out with her in the warmth of the family room...
...but he just couldn't resist Carson and Molly's request to come play in the snow.
Of course, it helps Carson and Molly's case that Evan really is just a (big, 6'2") kid himself...
...who would never turn down a game of snowball...
...even though there was a cute 5'0" girl waiting ever-so-impatiently in the family room. However, since Teacher's Academy and Evan are the main things that make high school even remotely tolerable for that 5'0" girl, she forgave him pretty quickly.

See, Meggie hates high school...and has since the day she walked into the building four years ago. She is over the fake friends and the annoying peer pressure. She is sick of parties where bad choices are the norm and has not attended a school dance since the Freshman Semi-Formal.

Evan, on the other hand, is a Varsity athlete with school spirit all over the place. He attends every sporting event he can (even those that require lengthy bus rides) and is looking forward to taking Meggie to their Senior Prom.

(Uh, Evan, Meggie doesn't DO dances. Remember her suggesting you two break up before Prom so you can reconcile immediately after...sparing her the Prom completely? She has even offered to interview replacement dates for you.)

He's not buying it.

So tomorrow Meggie and I are going to do something I thought we would NEVER do...we are going shopping for a Prom dress! AACCCCKKKK!!

(Evan, I hope you appreciate this, dude. And if you allow me to take a few pictures of you two all dressed up before Prom, that would make MY sacrifice -- of a day of shopping and the cost of a prom dress -- VERY worth it!)

6 comments:

  1. oooooh--- i like meggie even more now-- you go girl!!!!!! and yep- he's a keeper:) playing snowball with the littles--- how cute is that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Meggie, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!" but with that being said, I think she will look very beautiful on prom night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had been Meggie's size, I would have had serious fun shopping for an antique dress, some very cool 20s flapper item, very probably. Have fun with it, only way to go! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think attending the prom with Evan will make for a fun night! Relationships are all about compromise. I hope Meggie finds a beautiful dress and has a great time, if only for Evan's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PROM!! It's right around the corner! She's going to have a wonderful time. Good luck dress shopping. ;)

    So are you as having as much of a panic attack as I am over this whole college thing?? We just finished finalizing room mates and picking a pre-registration date to meet advisors and choose classes. I'm not sure I can handle all this. Heather moves in on August 12.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Better you than me with the prom thing. I am LOVING not having to worry about prom this year!!! Alex is a junior (and "eligible" to go to the prom) but refuses. Whew. Yay for me!

    I am so sad that Meggie hates high school. However, I did not like it either. Both my big kids did....in retrospect.

    College.....let's not go there. I have one now and one almost there. I can fill you in on what to expect.

    ReplyDelete