After the MRI was completed, we had lunch in the cafeteria and still had time to kill until her neurosurgery appointment. So we headed to the Family Resource Center at the hospital, which is a library and reference center for patients and their families.
Molly was supposed to stay in her wheelchair since she had received general anesthesia for her MRI and was still a bit unsteady on her feet. So, we got her set up with a coloring book and crayons in her wheelchair, I started working on a grad school paper on my laptop, and Meggie curled up in a chair to take a nap.
A few minutes after we got settled, a photographer entered the FRC. Apparently, we were there on the day they were shooting photos for a new advertising campaign for the FRC. One of the employees had her kids there and they were supposed to be the subject of the ad campaign.
Until they saw Meggie and Molly.
The photographer asked if the girls and I would be willing to be photographed. I said yes! I signed the appropriate releases and went back to working on my paper. (They mostly photographed the girls.)
Take a peek at the new brochure I received last week:


In case you couldn't figure out which pictures have us in them, I enlarged the rows of pics for you, from the front of the brochure...
...where you see Molly in the picture on the left (reading a book with an employee of the FRC) and Meggie and I pretending to learn something from an employee of the FRC in the center picture.The back of the brochure...
...shows me in the foreground of the picture on the left, with Meggie and Molly (in the wheelchair) behind me. And, of course, the picture on the right is of my lovely girls!So what's wild and wacky about all this?
Well, for one, we were just randomly in the right place at the right time -- no warning or special hair and makeup for the event -- and ended up being on the brochure more than the kids who were scheduled to be photographed.
Secondly, they are making refrigerator magnets for the FRC and asked my permission (the day I picked up the 20 or so copies of this brochure they gave me) to put that last picture of Meggie and Molly on them! Yes, my girls are official (and unpaid) models and will be plastered on refrigerators all over town!!
And, finally, after working there six years as a staff nurse, I left the employ of this hospital on rather bitter terms. I loved working there but had to leave for reasons too numerous (and ugly) to state here. So being part of their advertising campaign is a bit wild AND wacky to me.
Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!




















too funny!!!!!!!!!!! love it!
ReplyDeleteYou girls were too beautiful to to be passed by ;) LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteAnd what's up with a "no bangs" Molly? did Meggie do her hair for the day!?
The "no bangs" Molly is because these pictures were taken back in October. Come on, Sara, pay attention!!
ReplyDeleteTeresa =)
Funny all the way until the end... So sorry you had to leave on bad terms! I love the pictures and worse case scenario, you have a good start to a modeling portfolio for Meggie and Molly;)
ReplyDeleteThat's great, the pictures are wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteWell, that's totally cool! Y'all make beautiful models!! How cool is it that the girls will be holding up people's coloring pages and notes and stuff??
ReplyDelete