On a recent Saturday morning, I was getting ready to run to the hospital to check on a couple of my students. (They are in their Role Transition, where they work a certain number of hours with a Preceptor. As faculty, we simply check in on them once a week until they complete their hours.)
I planned on waiting to head downtown to the hospital until Meggie woke up so she could watch the Littles for me.
Teenagers, you see, require LOTS of sleep!When Meggie finally crawled out of bed, I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup. The Littles (as always) were underfoot. Then, suddenly, they weren't. And this is why:

Molly had grabbed her two favorite books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious, and asked Meggie to read them. At first Meggie declined...but suddenly I could hear her reading to Molly. And, of course, Carson joined them.

Just as cute as the fact that the Teenager's first act on a Saturday morning was reading to her little brother and sister is the way Carson is sitting. Did you notice?

He's using Meggie's leg as an arm rest...and she's letting him!
See, Carson and Meggie mostly yell at and bug each other, so this is HUGE! Those sweet, random actions -- when Carson and Molly hold hands when we're walking into Church, when Carson makes Molly's bed in the mornings while I fix her hair to save her time, and when Meggie lets Carson rest his arm on her leg -- show me the love these kids have for each other.

Last night, Meggie left for Spring Break. She and her three best friends (Laura, Abby, and Kimber) are in Florida for a week with Abby's family. And they won't be back for seven whole days.
So, for the next seven days, these pictures will have to get me through until the Megster returns.
Why does she keep leaving us like this?? First Germany, then Atlanta, and now Florida?!At least I have the memories (and pictures) of a very sweet Saturday...
Don't you love that they can stll surprise us!? So.very.sweet!
ReplyDelete