Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wacky (and Wonderful) Wednesday!

Meggie is in Florida this week with three of her closest friends. She is getting a much-deserved break (she has worked hard at school her Senior year and is such a HUGE help at home with the Littles) and they are having awesome weather.

We have kept pretty constant contact while she's been gone through texting (good thing we have the unlimited text plan)...nothing major, just her letting me know when something funny, or unusual, or just plain dumb happens to her. She knows me so well and knows I would appreciate the humor in the situations.

She has also sent me periodic pictures, complete with captions, such as:
My day at pool #1 (:

Pool #2 peace and quiet (:

Mamaws ice skating haha

View from the balcony!

Sunset walking to dinner

What my kids meal came in (:

...and my favorite so far...
At Bubba Gump Shrimp, perfect?! (:

So, what's so wacky about all of this?

To me, there's nothing wacky about it. But, apparently (at least in the opinion of some people in my life) it is wacky that Meggie is in Florida with her girlfriends on Spring Break, yet keeps texting me.

Yes, folks, it is completely weird to some people that my almost-18-year-old daughter and I have a great relationship. And not a Meggie-is-sneaking-around-and-I'm-oblivious great relationship. She tells me everything. We enjoy each other's company. We have fun together. I trust her and am proud of the beautiful woman she has become.

Well, you know what? If having a great relationship with my oldest daughter is weird...then I'm weird.

And I think that's wonderful!!

Hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love that Meggie (in true Meggie fashion) ordered a kids meal - even on Spring Break - HEY! It's all about portion control!

    I love that you and Meggie and so close nad can only pray for the same thing between me & my kiddos as they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you have a great relationship with her you are a great mom and she is one of the most fabulous teens I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as weird too because that is the exact same kind of relationship I have with our daughter too. It is so wonderful to have your sweet little girl grow into this wonderful young woman who loves you and appreciates you for all that you are, just because YOU are that type of Mom!! Stay Weird Teresa!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete