You see, today was "cafeteria practice" day for the Kindergartners. That fact put Molly WAY over the edge, excitement-wise. Seeing that, I decided not to tell her that I was going to join her for lunch. Figured she would lose her cotton-pickin' mind if she knew she would get to eat in the "big kid lunchroom" AND see Mommy in the middle of a school day.
Her teacher told me that, literal minutes before I walked into the school building, Molly said, "I really miss my Mommy today." To say she was THRILLED to see me would be an understatement of supreme proportions. Her reaction made MY day, for sure!
Well, I wasn't going to let this photo opportunity pass me by. (Yes, I'm the Mamaparazzi...deal with it!)




When I asked Molly to smile for me one more time and then I'd stop taking pictures...
...she loudly exclaimed, "OH, NO, MOMMY! I LOVE WHEN YOU TAKE MY PICTURE!"I put my camera phone away, shushed her, and decided I'd better head home. But that was a lunch to remember, for sure. And remember we will...because I was THAT Mom today!




















love this story. Have greatly enjoyed reading your Blog!
ReplyDeleteAdorable story and pictures!!! Doesn't it make your heart smile when they are as excited to see you as you are to see them?! :D
ReplyDelete