Our dear friends, Chris and Shannon, invited us over for a cookout and a bit of fireworks last night. I know, it technically wasn't July 4th yet, but it was still an awesome evening of food and fun!
After completely pigging out on some great food, the kids headed out in the front yard for some sprinkler fun. I love how, even though this first picture is blurry...

...you can still see the look of evil on Carson's face as he squirted Taylor with a water gun! Molly, however...

...preferred the more delicate tiptoe-through-the-water-spray approach. After the kids got good and drenched...


...it was time to get dressed and head out to the fireworks show. While waiting for the Littles to change clothes, I wanted to get a picture of Meggie and Evan...

...and after he mocked her hand-on-the-hip pose in that shot...

...she mocked his I-don't-smile-in-pictures attitude. Those two crack me up! A few more pictures...

...of Carson and his best friend...

...and Meggie and Taylor (aka the little sister she always wanted)...


...it was time to load up the wagons and head to the fireworks viewing area. Blankets were spread on the grass...



...and we all enjoyed a fabulous show (courtesy of Kings Island Amusement Park). Back at Chris and Shannon's house, Chris busted out...

...his blow torch to light sparklers. The kids...







...most assuredly approved! I do, however, feel the need to apologize to the ants...

...that Carson decided to torture with his sparklers. What a typical boy, huh?!
Of course, July 4th isn't all about food and fun...it is a celebration of America. While two-fifths of our little family unit is of Chinese descent, we are 100% American...and proud of it!
Happy 4th of July!
Woot!!! Happy 4th of July!!! Meggie & Evan are just so, co cute!!!!
ReplyDelete