I don't remember when I "met" Kristin, but her blog has always been a favorite of mine. Ever since we connected via the Internet, we have followed each other's blogs and cracked each other up. Now that I'm on Facebook (yes, folks, one can be on Facebook and still blog regularly!), it's almost like we have daily conversations -- most of 'em make me laugh and all of 'em make me smile!
When Kristin saw on Facebook that we were heading south for vacation, she sent me a message suggesting we meet. I was super excited about the idea! So, we made some plans. After driving roughly 10 hours on Wednesday, we checked into a hotel in Georgia about a mile from Kristin's house, cleaned up a bit, and headed over for some Southern hospitality.
I am consistently amazed at how easy it is to meet families for the first time and just fall into comfortable conversation with NO problem! Other than the fact that we have both adopted twice from China, I can't say that Kristin and I have a lot in common. (Maybe we do, but I just have no idea.)
Equally amazing is the ability for the Littles to just jump into a new situation and have a ball! Minutes after meeting Kristin and her girls on the front lawn, our Littles and her Littles played for a while on their swingset...
We did finally get a decent pic of them...
After a wonderful dinner...
When Molly heard that dessert wasn't coming out 'til the blocks were cleaned up...
Didn't force Dave (Kristin's husband) and Daddy to pose together...
After ice cream and homemade chocolate chip cookies...
As we dragged out the goodbye portion of the evening as long as we could, the Littles went back to the playroom...and it started getting a bit noisy. As I headed in to check what was up, I saw Carson was attempting to kiss Abby. Apparently, he had spent the majority of the evening chasing Abby AND Anna Grace, trying to smooch them both. (Whatta stud, right?!) When I yelled at him to stop, he shrugged and claimed they asked him to kiss them. Hmmmm...
When we finally ended the evening (we were all reluctant to do so), hugs were exchanged and we piled into the minivan. Kristin, Dave, and the girls (can't believe Alex was there and was able to avoid any conversation and all photographs!) stood on the sidewalk to see us off. We heard someone yelling Carson's name. I told Daddy to roll down the side window. It was Anna Grace, hopping up and down, yelling Carson's name and blowing him kisses. Oh!
I suggested on Facebook the next morning that an arranged marriage should be discussed. Kristin "liked" my status but never really responded...until later that day when SHE posted that Anna Grace wanted to know when they could visit Ohio. Sounds like my Little Man has worked his charms successfully this time, doesn't it?
Kristin and Dave, thanks so much for hosting us for dinner and tolerating our hijack of your evening. I still can't believe we got to meet you and your beautiful children. It truly did feel like we've been friends forever...and if Carson and Anna Grace have their way, you may NEVER get rid of us!




















That's so fun!! My ex boyfriend is in the Air Force and when we were dating I was part of this Air Force Girlfriends, Fiances, and Wives group on facebook...a few of us became really close and I've met two of them so far! We all are super close even though I'm not an Air Force girlfriend anymore. I had the same experience though!..feeling like we were sisters and I had known them forever. So fun :)
ReplyDelete